If you believe that your product is faulty or damaged, in addition to your rights as a consumer under New Zealand Consumer Law, the freedom Warranty may apply to you.
To help us process your claim as quickly as possible, for homewares and cash and carry products please drop in to your nearest store.
For furniture products please fill out the Warranty Form below and email to email@example.com
Web Warranty Form (1.28MB)
The full freedom New Zealand Warranty is set out below:
freedom provides this warranty for its products that have been purchased in New Zealand. This Warranty is subject to the Consumer Law. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale:
- 5 years for frames for sofas, ottomans, daybeds, chaise and armchairs (excluding recliners);
- 2 years for fabric, leather and foam
- 1 year for furniture and homewares and any other product, which freedom identifies in writing as attaching this warranty.
This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes. This Warranty does not cover finishing (including stitching, glue, nails, tacks).
Where freedom Warranty does not apply
This Warranty does not apply to any products sold as Outlet, seconds, floorstock, repaired products or products that have a defect where this has been drawn to your attention before you purchased the products.
In addition, this Warranty will not apply if:
- Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by freedom.
- The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product.
- The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure.
- The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories.
- The product is tampered with in any way.
- The product’s serial number, as applied by the manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product.
Additional rights under Consumer Law
In addition to the freedom Warranty, our products come with statutory consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded. The rights afforded to you by these guarantees are separate to your rights under the Warranty.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the Consumer Law, the exclusions and provisos that apply to the Warranty apply to these guarantees.