Whether you’re a budding designer or red hot stylist, we’re all searching for inspiration. So where do the professionals find it? Freedom’s Buying Team share their inspiration secrets with us.
- We visit European trade fairs and are exposed to professional trend forecasting agencies, however, you can find it just walking down the street.
- Reading blogs like The Design Files, Design Imprint and The Selby.
- Nothing beats spending time in a good book store - flick through European home styling and fashion magazines.
- Source publications you wouldn’t find at your local newsagent.
- Travel – it’s amazing what a new environment can do for the senses. Soak up as much of it as you can: write it all down, sketch and take loads of photos.
- Visit wine bars, B&Bs, restaurants, hotels, cocktail bars, dining halls and food halls, historical buildings, libraries, galleries and cafes - look at styling and colour combinations.
- Music video clips can offer great inspiration - imagery, backdrops, lighting, colours and textures.
- Your style is defined by you, not others - if you like it so will someone else.
- Focus on what you can find, not what you can't.
- Apparel is a great way to see which colours work together.
- Take in your surroundings: stop and look in shop windows, up at roof tops, inside doors and down alleyways.
- Look at things from a different perspective: lie down in the park and look up, go way up high and look down …
- Create an inspiration board & fill it with everything you love. Stand back and look from different angles and re-work it regularly.
Inspiration … it can be found anywhere, everywhere and anytime, just keep your eyes and mind wide open.
See our latest New Summer Collection catalogue or new furniture and homewares and see what’s inspired the Freedom Buying team this season.